11/4/08

Election Day


I grew up in a home that was always involved with politics. My mom and grandma used to volunteer at the polling stations on election days. I've married the perfect mate for me because he too cares about politics. We are usually on the same page for everything and when it comes to politics there is no difference. We have actually been obsessed with this historical election year! We are so excited about the change that is about to occur. We got up early and were at our polling station right as it opened at 7:00am. We were so happy to see a long line of other enthusiastic, participating citizens. It was worth the 45 minutes wait. Today we proudly wear our "I Voted" sticker.

I must admit I did find myself thinking differently as I educated myself about the state propositions. I was thinking more to the future and thinking as a parent and how it would affect our children. I believe we will be parents in the next year so the results of this election will be the future for our next generation. Wow! It's so powerful and just makes me proud of all that our ancestors (especially women) fought so hard for. For our freedom and the right to vote. I do not take it for granted. I'm thrilled that record numbers are getting out to vote.

I look forward to teaching our children about the honor of voting, helping them get involved in politics, learning about how laws and bills get passed and how local and federal politician's choices not only affects our family, but everyone. I want to teach them to be a conscientious, aware and caring citizen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

How do you and Glenn find the time to share so much of your lives? It's all I can do to watch t.v. at night, let alone write in a coherent and warm way about my day's events. It takes a special person to capture what's special in day to day events. . . . You and Glenn WILL be WONDERFUL parents. I am so very excited for you. I am honored to be included in the emails. I'd love to catch up some time in person before the holidays get crazy.
Love,
Wendy