9/21/08

Angie's thoughts on our Pathways Class

I totally enjoyed the all day required class Glenn and I went to yesterday! It was so informative and we left with such great feelings. I especially loved meeting other people in the same boat as we are and hearing from them. I feel we made new friends!

Everyone was so open and honest and willing to share and asked great questions. I cried listening to some of them. I cried because I felt a connection with them. When I heard of specific adoption stories from others, I was especially emotional from hearing about their birth mothers. I feel such sensitivity for the pain they feel choosing to allow other people to parent and raise their child. It's a powerful thing and I believe a selfless thing to do. I respect them and honor them. I already feel a deep love for the stranger out there that will be the birth mother to our child. I wonder where she is now and what she is going through. My heart goes out to her. I look forward to meeting her, to hugging her, to thanking her. I especially look forward to honoring her by giving her child a loving home and wonderful life.

Those were some of the thoughts I left with yesterday after the class. I felt energized and even more excited. It all felt more real and that it will happen to us. After sitting around just filling out paper work the last couple of weeks, the connection with the other parents was a happy, healthy dose of what can happen. Even those with babies already, did go through complete ups and downs and pain and emotions, but it was all worth it once they have their beautiful children to love. That is how it will be for us.

Now I'm going to escape from reality and go watch the Emmy Awards!

No comments: