9/10/08

Got my physical & our Social Worker called!

It was a big day today. I got a very thorough physical exam. We found a new doctor, referred by my OB/GYN. So it was my first time meeting him and I will admit I was a little nervous wondering if I would like him or not. Well, I loved him! He is great. I felt comfortable right away, and he's all for Eastern Medicine too! Which is a relief since I also see an Acupuncturist/Oriental Medicine Doctor and a Classical Homeopath. I had to have an HIV test. Feel 100% sure I'm in the clear there. Also took a TB test and lots of blood work. EKG, blood pressure, etc. I got a clean bill of health! Though I have to go back in two days to for the TB results. Again, no worries there. Glenn sees him in two weeks.

I was so happy to get the first call from our Social Worker today! She sounds very nice. I guess not most people get all their paperwork done as fast as Glenn & I have. She said it was nice we are so eager. I assured her we do understand how the process works and that it could take a long time and that we are patient. We just feel better knowing we've done all we have to do to be ready. So we are hurrying up to wait!

There are four visits total. Each one will have a purpose:

1st visit – tour our home and go over paperwork
2nd & 3rd visits - individual visits with each of us separately
4th visit - joint visit with us together

You can bet we will make sure our house is in tip top shape! Just have to do the financial history and our biographies, then we are done with all the paper work. For now! I'm sure she will have more for us. That we will gladly also do.

It's sort of odd to have this stranger come over who will become part of such an intimate experience with us. I guess she won't be a stranger for long. She will know more about us and our lives than most people.

I was worrying a bit about what she would think of us and our home. I was thinking that her job was basically to "judge" us. Glenn eased my mind by saying "She is coming over to help us. To learn about us so she can match us with the right birth mom and baby." I said "Yes. You're right! She is going to be part of our team! She's on our side. " I felt so much better. That's one of the reasons I love him so much. I must also remember:
WITH HARMONY & EASE.
But this is part of the reason I wanted to do this blog. To share all my thoughts and feelings with you. The ups & downs. The good, bad & ugly, with some pretty in there too!

I'm glad to share all this with you and inform others about adoption and maybe even help someone go down the same path. But it's also really helpful for me to write it all down. A journal of sorts to help this amazing journey.

Peace & light,
Angie

No comments: