9/3/08

It's official!

Today was a special day! Not only was it our seventh wedding anniversary but we took the first official step to adopting our baby! We put in the application and paid the first fee. After an extensive search and much research we choose to go with Vista Del Mar Adoption Agency. For many reasons I will get into later. More importantly I want to share with you how I feel. I feel like I just got news I'm pregnant and the gestation period is about a year and a half long, instead of the usual nine months. It could be less or more but it's happening! I know it may be a journey with ups and downs but I know my amazing husband Glenn and I can get through anything. We have already gotten through three devastating miscarriages, so we can handle pretty much anything now!

When I was a little girl, one of my dolls, Noel, was adopted. I got her Christmas morning. It was way before Cabbage Patch kids with the adoption papers, I just chose for her to be adopted. My other doll Candy came from my tummy. (My brother was the doctor and delivered her from under my shirt. Out she popped.) But Noel arrived from the agency. I think it might have had something to do with little Orphan Annie, maybe. But ever since then I've wanted to adopt. And now I am! Yes. We've tried to have a biological child on our own and are still trying but this does not feel like a last resort or second choice. It's something we've both always wanted to do. It is no way an inferior feeling to me than if this baby that will be ours was growing inside of me. I'm so grateful my husband feels the same. I could not have done this without him. Though I would have if I had to. But I don't. Just wanted to say that I think it's great when single people adopt also. My mom was a single mom and she loved us with all her heart.

I guess since this is my first blog, I'm so filled with all kind of emotions and thoughts, I could just keep on writing but I will save it for another day. I just wanted to get started and share the good news.

I plan on keeping you posted on the details of the process. I hope it will be a enjoyable and enlightening experience for all of us. Thanks for coming on board the journey with us.

Peace & light,
Angie

2 comments:

Mamma Marion said...

I am so excited for you guys!

Kristi VandenBosch said...

Dear Angie and Glenn – I'm happy I stumbled on this blog while writing about Glenn's political poster collecting... I was adopted almost 45 years ago, when the process was far less "open" than it is today.

Adoption is no less a miracle than birth. My mom still tells the story of my "delivery" with wonder in her voice. I was blessed with the most amazing parents, who made sure I knew from the start that I was adopted, and that being adopted was something quite special and extraordinary.

You two will be amazing parents, and I love that you've started this forum to share your journey. I wish you both much happiness in the process, and look forward to following the path to your baby with you.