9/4/08

Got our Social Worker and next steps.

We just got an email with the name of the Social Worker assigned to our adoption. We now have to wait for her to contact us to set up our Home Study. Each little step gets us closer to having all the work done so we can just sit and wait for a birth mom to pick us!

My husband and I will have a busy weekend. We will start making a dent in the paper work and also get our fingerprinting done. There is much to do. We both have to get physicals and then have our doctors sign and fill out a form. We have to have our employee's do the same. Since I'm Self Employed and an Independent Contractor, I have to send in the first page of our Tax Return. We have to show a copy of our Marriage Certificate. Plus, we have to write out our own biographies. And find one perfect picture that will be shown to the birth mom. Which one to choose? Knowing it will be the first look they have of us. You know how important first impressions are.

It's a lot of work but so worth it. I'm so happy to finally be on this journey. I do each thing with joy in my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crying at 5:45 am. WOW! I have no concept of adoption and what it takes, and I love this blog because I can experience it with you both. How about your engagement picture (Angie, you are wearing blue)to send out? I still carry it in my wallet! I am so happy for you both. This baby will be so blessed and since God already knows who this baby is going to be, it is just a matter of time before you meet and become a family.
Your friend and now, avid reader of your blog,
Tracy :)